Area Rug Cleaning Methods
Sustaining a rug is not only a challenging proposition but in addition a time-consuming one. It needs thorough maintenance as well as cleaning from time to time and a lot of treatment too. And if the area rug is big it really is fairly tougher. Though if you can manage to clean it properly at regular intervals, there won’t be any kind of serious problems in the long run.
How to clean, maintain as well as look after your area rug?
Vacuuming large rugs to get rid of dust particles
- The most important thing you can do for your big area rug is to vacuum it regularly. Keep in mind that the rug has 2 edges therefore fresh both of the sides. This will cleanup the remaining grit and also grime. Please keep in mind not to vacuum the fringe of the area rug.
Eliminate pet hair
- Regular vacuum-cleaning will clean up the dust as well as the dirt but most of the times it leaves traces of pet hair on the area rug, so utilize a suitable brush solely to eliminate the pet hairs.
Turn the area rug each and every year
- Normal everyday use like walking, jumping, sitting etc as well as sunlight can cause enormous wear and tear on area rugs, thus you should definitely turn them every year 2 times.
Shake little area rugs
- In case the rug is small enough then roll it up, take it outside and also beat it with a broom again and again to get rid of the dust and dirt.
Special Treatment For Specific Rugs
- There are certain specific rugs in the marketplace that require exclusive as well as special treatment. We as cleaning professionals suggest you to follow these kinds of instructions to maintain your own area rug.
Woven or braided area rugs
- You should check the rug before as well as after cleaning for any breakage in stitching. Consistently verify the label to verify if the small braided rugs are washable. If this can be cleaned then put them inside a laundry bag, wash it with cold water on a mild cycle, and then clean it completely. In case your own rug is big braided then place an old blanket under them. After wash, vacuum it thoroughly and also do not put it on the floor before absolutely drying it.
Antique or perhaps oriental area rugs
- You are able to vacuum an oriental rug exactly like any other carpet or perhaps woolen area rug however utilize specific care while dealing with antique area rugs. You should guard the area rug from vacuuming, for that place a nylon screen over it as well as place weights on the corners, now vacuum over the display. You have to hand it over to the skilled cleaners once annually and ensure that it stays away from direct sunlight. As a precaution, while buying an antique area rug, learn just as much as you are able to from the seller.
Fur, sheepskin and hair-on hides
Order a bottle of odorless talcum powder as well as spray it on fur, sheepskin and also hair-on hide area rugs as well as leave the area rug like this for a few hours. Right now remove the talcum powder by brushing it and also shake it to get rid of the staying powder. Do the same procedure a couple of times, depending on the size of the area rug. Additionally you have to thoroughly clean the back side of the rug, hence use a tidy natural cotton towel, get it wet by applying lukewarm water, and then wipe the dirt. Clean the cloth and do not place the rug on the floor until it is dry.